Last week we unveiled the winning dish – neat Mini Pastry Pies!
Let’s show some love to the next top 3 dishes (in no specific order).
neat Chips by Kelly Loke
Yield: 6 to 8 servings (as a snack)
- 1 pack of your favorite neat
- 2 tablespoons neat egg
- 6 tablespoons water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Dusting of gluten free flour or regular flour
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix neat, neat egg and water in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet plus about an inch of border.
- Using a spatula, spread neat as evenly as you can over 1 piece of parchment paper.
- Dust 2nd piece of parchment paper with some gluten free flour (or regular flour). Place parchment paper over neat mixture and using a rolling pin, roll out neat mixture as thin as you can. Keeping it within the margins of the size of your baking sheet.
- Gently remove the top parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sea salt and brush with olive oil.
- Place flattened neat (still on parchment paper) onto baking sheet and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Once done, remove from oven, let cool before breaking it into dip-size pieces.
- Enjoy it with your favorite dip!
Neatest Stuffed Shells by Pam Correll
6 ounces jumbo shell pasta (1/2 box)
1 (5.5 ounce) package neat Italian Mix
2 tablespoons neat Egg
6 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup chopped onion
1 cup cottage cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
24 ounces marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Boil jumbo shells according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, stir together Italian Mix neat and neat Egg in a medium sized bowl. Add water and mix well. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add neat mixture and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat 7 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to make it crumbly. Remove from heat. Stir in cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Pour 1 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a 13 X 9 baking pan. Using a spoon, fill each shell with Neat mixture. Place on top of sauce in pan. Pour remaining sauce over filled shells. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake 25 minutes in preheated oven.
Neat Taco Stuffed Peppers by Kristen Heigl
6 red bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
1 pack neat Original Mix, prepared according to package directions
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 cup mild salsa
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 can (15 ounces) black beans
1/2 cup can corn
1/4 cup sour cream
1 neat egg, prepared according to package directions
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup quinoa, prepared
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place peppers upright into a baking dish.
Brown the neat mixture in large pan, add the olive oil, onion, yellow pepper and cook until the onions are translucent. Add the salsa, tomato paste, black beans, cornÂ and cook for about 3 minutes until mixture is thick and combined. Stir in the sour cream, cheddar cheese, Neat egg, salt, pepper, taco seasoning, quinoa and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes. Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture. Bake peppers for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for about another 15 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a neat dish! Be sure to keep on being creative and we’ll look for your next dish next March for the neat-est dish III!